Thursday, December 09, 2004

Wing doesn't fly

I just watched West Wing for the first time in over a year, since my pals Penn & Teller were making a guest appearance. Actually, the show is now lousy with star support--this episode also had Ed O'Neill, Gary Cole, Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Alda. Since President Bartlet's second term is running out, they appear to be preparing for a stirring race between a conservative Democrat and a liberal Republican. (Alda is the Republican, so goodbye Gary Cole.)

The show is still entertaining, with its behind-the-scenes view of power. But with creator Aaron Sorkin gone, the sparkling dialogue, which was its hallmark, is missing. I don't like to say this about any show that's a going concern, but I believe it's jumped the shark.

Too bad. I often watch Lost (which I gave a thumbs down to earlier on this blog). I haven't built my schedule around two prime time shows in one night since the glory days of NBC's Must See TV. Come to think of it, I do watch The Simpsons and then stick around for Arrested Development, so I guess Sunday is the new Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter