Saturday, October 29, 2005

This Isn't Last Week

The last two weeks I've been quietly hopeful the Wolverines would win, and I was rewarded with two victories. I don't feel so hot this week.

We've beaten tough teams, but Northwestern just seems tougher to me. They're at home (it's homecoming, in fact) and they've been at their best lately. In their last three games, all victories, they've scored 134 points. Michigan has had a lot of problems this season, and the biggest has been the inconsistency of the defense. After watching Northwestern recently take apart MSU 49-14, you feel like this could be the first loss of the season that's over before the last quarter.

But I'll be rooting with all the other Wolverine fans just the same, just a little less confident than usual. One nice thing, though--the game starts at 4 p.m. PST. That means I'll get plenty of sleep and even have time to run a few errands before kickoff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yost said...

"...but Northwestern just seems tougher to me."

Hold on, I'm looking outside for locusts as I'm pretty sure a statement like that is one of the first signs of the Apocalypse.

10:01 PM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter