Thursday, December 22, 2005

Unclear On The Concept

The world is made for those who wake early. Everyone from Ben Franklin on down believes that. It's never clearer to me than when I travel.

I often stay at the cheaper motels (the ones with numbers on them) where checkout time is usually 11 a.m., or noon, whereas I like to sleep in late into the morning and have a luxurious shower before checking out. In fact, if I had my choice, checkout would be exactly 24 or 48 or 72 hours from the time you check in, but no go.

So sometimes I call the front desk and ask if I can get a late checkout. Usually they're helpful, sometimes not, but hey, it's they're motel, they make the rules.

So recently I called in the afternoon and asked for a late checkout the next day. The guy said he wouldn't know if it was available until tomorrow, so could I please call early next morning and ask again. I paused. Does he not get it? The whole reason I want late checkout is so I don't have to wake up earlier in the morning.

So pardon me if I've been grumpy all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter