Thursday, January 19, 2006

The ring of truth

When I saw this WSJ column criticizing Paul Bremer for his actions in Iraq, I bristled. I was wrong to do so.

In my defense, my background is essentially the nonsense in the Manhattan media that Bremer should not have disbanded the Iraqi army, a sentiment that is palpably stupid. Bremer did it and was right to do so, and indeed it would have been criminal not to. The column acknowledges this and other things, but it makes a decent effort to tag Bremer where, possbily, at least, he should be tagged.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real question that no one can answer is could he have stopped the "insurgency." Was it inevitable? Could he even slow it down?

11:22 AM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter