Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Truer words were never spoken

"And sometimes, for reasons I don't understand, you get to just hang out in Germany."

What an appalling essay, and I don't mean its viewpoint. I'm happy to let that speak for itself. It's such a poor quality effort that I wonder if it was just cut and pasted from a college student newspaper.

(There's also this interesting line, so important that he ends the piece with it: "Seriously, the traffic is insufferable." You know, I wonder. Has anyone ever seen Joel Stein and LAGuy in the same room?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I get you. You don't like an essay where a liberal finally admits that he's NOT supporting the troops? Sounds like a breakthrough to me.

1:55 PM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is, indeed, appalling that someone finds it appropriate to be glib and make jokes at the expense of people who are putting their lives on the line every day. Maybe his next op-ed piece will involve taking potshots at Special Olympics participants. What a tool.

2:28 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Fred (and perhaps just a touch to Anonymous), you address the substance, and yes, I agree with you.

But I was talking about the quality of the piece. I've read stuff just as good (bad?) in many college papers. Indeed, liberal or conservative, this is the quality that I've sadly come to expect. Forget what he says; how he says it is appalling.

4:28 PM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter