Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Quote Of The Week

As a teen, I played at Pinball Pete's in Michigan. Former owner Tim Arnold now runs the non-profit Pinball Hall Of Fame in Las Vegas. The great thing about his museum is he keeps his machines in tip-top shape, and allows you to play them for the original cost.

As he puts it in Las Vegas City Life:
"This is commercial equipment. It's not art. These are old, tired street whores that belong out in the alley with their legs in the air and their slots open, ready to make money. That's what they do. They don't sit in somebody's rec room."
Next time I'm in town, I'll have to give one of them a workout.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I think we'll haul our old pinball game (Pat Hand) down there and give it to him. Anybody who says "We want to stay amateurish bumblefucks" deserves the best.

6:42 AM, March 31, 2006  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Thanks for your comment, Dori. If I ever see you in Vegas, I'll help you haul it over. Then we'll play a little pinball.

10:28 PM, April 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter