Thursday, March 02, 2006

True story

This ought to qualify for Taranto's bottom story of the week, but I guess it's cute in a way.

I had nearly the identical thing happen to me years ago. I had written a brief involving disputes between "guardian of the person" and "guardian of the estate," in which there were dozens of references to various acts and rights and such. After many drafts, nearly the final edits, wanting to make sure I had the references right, I searched and replaced one of them with "kewpieperson" in order to make it very clear what the reference was. Thank God I had the sense not to use "sh*thead."

In any case, when I finished I did the reverse search and replace.

What I didn't know, or in any case remember, was, in the version of software I was using, the search and replace didn't include the footnotes, which also had many references. So I ended up with a modest little motion to substitute a different brief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter