Sunday, April 23, 2006

Just Spell My Name Right

My old pal Cass Sunstein gets a little love from The Chronicle Of Higher Education. To be honest, I didn't realize he was a media superstar. I guess I watch the wrong shows.

It's always an odd sensation when I see former professors spouting off in the popular media. It's not just that they're usually in a more rarefied (there's a word that's hard to spell, ColumbusGuy) atmosphere; rather, if they're any good as academics, I usually feel they're straining to simplify their arguments. Is that what they're thinking when they take those pauses before answering?

Or are they just thrilled to get some face time?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would Cass do Howard Stern on censorship of rock and rap lyrics, or maybe to discuss his belief that the internet and satellite radio should be regulated. Lets get these Cass opinions some exposure and pretty soon he'll be lucky to get invited as the designated punching bag on The Orally FActor

12:32 PM, April 23, 2006  
Blogger LAGuy said...

If that's how he feels, sounds like he'd be right at home on The O'Reilly Factor.

12:50 PM, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter