Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Finally, Finales

Big TV day tomorrow.

I'll watch the overblown American Idol finale. (It'll easily win the night--it may be the highest-rated episode of a series this season.) I was not surprised to see Elliott Yamin leave last week, but I was surprised by the losing margin. I can't believe the producers would lie, but it sure was surpising that Elliott, Katharine and Taylor all got over 33%.

The question is where will Elliott's votes go. My guess is Taylor will take more than Katharine, which makes him the winner. On the other hand, a lot of viewers go by performance, so it's foolish to make any predictions before seeing how they do tonight. But I will: Taylor wins.

I'll watch it, but I'll tape something I like a lot more--Lost. This is a highly-touted (by the producers) two-hour finale. The first season introduced us to the characters. This season has been more about delving into the mysteries of the island. I'm sure they'll answer a number of questions, but raise even more. The biggest question is always will anyone get knocked off. They lost a couple characters not long ago, but the cast is still the biggest in TV.

Before the season started, I knew someone would die and made predictions. (Spoiler warning if you haven't watched this season at all, though why would you be reading this, then?--okay maybe a stray American Idol fan or two, but what do you care?) I predicted some characters were safe, some not safe and some fairly safe. The one who died--Shannon--I thought was fairly safe. My reasons were overridden, I guess, by the producers' understanding that the whole Shannon-Boone story wasn't working.

The most popular characters on the show (I'm guessing) are Jack, Locke, Kate and Sawyer, closely followed by Hurley and Sayid. The fans would howl if any of them died. The question is do the producers dare kill any of them off for a"big finish"? This series isn't even half over (and as far as I know, they're still signed and not being offered leads in major movies) so it's still hard to believe that will happen. But it sure would be talked about. Taylor will win, but I'm gonna stop predicting who will lose on Lost.

Columbus Guy says: Fine. But do you know why gravity works? Because Jack Bauer lets it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter