Friday, May 05, 2006

Mismanagement

What's going on at ABC? Last year they debuted three major hits--Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Lost. This year, they had the biggest new show and fumbled it so badly it's finished.
I didn't like Commander In Chief. I certainly wouldn't watch it over House. But its first two weeks it got great ratings--top ten, in fact. Then they fired its producer, Rod Lurie, and had lots of trouble behind the scenes. It was taken off the air for a long time and when it returned, no one cared any more.
Hit shows are rare. Some seasons you don't create any. You'd think CIC would have been handled with extra care. I don't know the whole story, but I'm assuming heads will roll.
PS Speaking of mismanagement, for some reason I cannot separate the paragraphs in this post. It's never happened before (please see the entire blog for proof). Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter