Sunday, July 09, 2006

Contingencies

Well, LAGuy is off for a well-deserved rest and I am returned from an ill-deserved one. When anyone says, Life isn't fair, I say, Thank God.

But ColumbusGal especially appreciated my time away from the computer, and she archly said moments ago, "It's a good thing the hotel didn't have computers."

So here's my question for the evening. Suppose someone dies in a hotel. I'm a reporter who reads police reports; it happens all the time. What does the hotel do if they've used that hinged chain-bolt substitute thingy. How do they get in?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the door is open as wide as the chain will allow, there's a gap between the door and the doorframe. In the movies, they just use a small axe to cut the chain. I imagine it would be easy to do.

6:07 PM, July 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They let the corpse fester until someone complains and then break down the door and charge the estate for damage and for the number of days' rental.

6:24 AM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Hotel Fan sounds like he's experienced. Do you know if you have an accident in a rental car, they charge you days rent until the car is fixed? How'd you like to have that sitting on somebody's lot for a month? And I'm guessing you don't get the weekend discount rate, either.

3:32 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the real question is when you're buried in a rented tuxedo.

1:34 PM, July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter