Friday, August 25, 2006

If A Tree Falls In The Forest, Does It Only A Make Sound If There's A Tremendous Amount Of Publicity?

I never watched Katie Couric on The Today Show. (Too early.) Now she's moving to the CBS Evening News, another show I don't watch. (Why should when I can get the news whenever I feel like it?)

Since she's only going to be reading the news, I really don't get why this is such a big story. What interests me more is what the reviews will say. In fact, just how does one "reviews" an anchor?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly. Because actual information (or stuff purporting to be) is generally otherwise available and network news is generally no longer seen as the main source of information except for the older elders, the CBS Evening News is is just another TV show angling for ratings. Prediction- after 4-6 weeks of disappointing ratings, Katie will deliver the news from a chair like the Today Show set so we can see her gorgeous gams (I think the crowd that watches network news still uses that word) and the ratings wil go up for a while.

[And then-By the end of 2008, she will be the host of "Katie Couric's Specil Reports" before finally fading into obscurity and VH-1 "Where Are They Now" slots with Dan R.]

7:13 AM, August 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter