Saturday, February 24, 2007

60 And 30

It's been a good month for TV, with new episodes all around. Unfortunately, two of the shows I watch, Studio 60 and 30 Rock, will be taking a break for a while. They may return this spring, but the vote of no confidence suggests they won't be back in the fall.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

(The replacement for Studio 60 is The Black Donnellys, a show about four working-class Irish-American brothers. In the promo, one says "we're his brothers, he needs us." I don't see how a show with a line like that can be any good.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know its a numbers isue but I suspect that that 30 and 60 hit to close to home in their portrayals of the suits. (Although I think they'd all love to be Alec Baldwin on 30 and fear they are more like Steven Weber on 60) Not the dispositive issue but the one that maybe tipped the decision.

8:13 AM, February 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we watching the same shows? I think the suits want to be like Steven Weber on 60 but are afraid they're more like Alec Baldwin on 30.

2:33 PM, February 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter