Friday, March 16, 2007

I Can Dream, Can't I?

It's still so early I can't believe I'm wasting space writing about the race for President. But I have a dream. Before I was born, conventions used to mean something. They weren't infomercials, they were places where party faithful met and decided who would be their candidate. Since then, the political landscare has changed, and reforms have been put in place, so that it's almost impossible to have an open convention. No matter how close things seem early on, once you get a few weeks into the primary season, it's over.

Well, I have hopes. Why should Iowa and New Hampshire be so important? Maybe, with no incumbent running, with states angling to move up their primaries (including the biggest fish of all) and with both parties fielding three reasonably popular candidates, maybe my wish will come true. Maybe we'll have a convention (or two) where the outcome is in doubt.

Will this make for better leaders? No. But then, neither does the primary system. I just want a little excitement.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

run for your dream~~dream is the best thing in the world and i live for it~~
nice to see your blog but i guess it would be even nicer to see you,so why not pop in my blog and leave a message for me~~heeh~~my address is http://

3:59 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I think this is the strangest message we've ever received.

4:44 AM, March 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter