Friday, March 23, 2007

Lost And Battlestar Galactica

Lost is still my favorite show, but I fear it's starting to have a problem that I wrote about earlier regarding Battlestar Galactica. That show has the humans fleeing the Cylons, who are trying to wipe them out. But by the present season, the humans and Cylons hang out together so much, and we see so much of the Cylons, that a lot of the sense of mystery and threat is gone.

On Lost, the survivors have been menaced by the Others from the start. Now, they're hanging out with the Others, and don't seem to be in direct danger. A lot is still not known (or it wouldn't be Lost), but without this feeling of danger, some of the excitment is gone.

I'm also not quite sure where they're going with my favorite character, Locke. Ironically, with all my concerns, fans seem to think the latest run of episodes, where, admittedly, a lot is happening, are a return to form.

1 Comments:

Blogger QueensGuy said...

I've found the continuation of the chess match between John Locke and Ben Linus to make for excellent watching. Although I thought the arrival of Locke's dad was very, very predictable.

I also regret that the Others seem to have lost their edge in a lot of ways. They originally were portrayed as Sioux-quality trackers; by this season it was not only possible to lose them, but -- in typical genre convention -- so long as you are running, they can't hit you with a firearm.

9:14 AM, March 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter