Saturday, May 05, 2007

Just What I Need

As if I don't watch enough television, there's a new show I like.

It's called Dinner: Impossible, on the Food Channel. Previously, the only thing I watched there was Iron Chef, but this half-hour parody of Mission: Impossible fascinates me.

Here's the premise: Chef Robert Irvine is given an on-the-spot assignment where he has to do a big job (usually feeding a large group of people) with whatever food and equipment is available. Sometimes he has to cook outdoors, or use old ovens, or make do with almost no budget. Yet, he's got to put a menu together and get the food out there by the time the guests arrive.

I'm not sure why I find it so fascinating. Perhaps it's the mix of food and logistics. It's like a sports show you can eat (not unlike Iron Chef, come to think of it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter