Thursday, August 02, 2007

Your Bag, My Bad

I had a new experience the other day. While waiting on the tarmac for two hours in a packed plane flying us back to LA, the PA announced some of our bags weren't going to make it with us.

This wasn't due to a terrorist threat, or anything like that. It was just that the airline was having trouble with its baggage handling system, and, even with all that trouble, knew enough that they were gonna fail.

And guess what? My bag didn't make it. I got to wait at LAX two more hours for the next flight, which happened to have my bag (no doubt knocking someone else's off the next flight).

I won't say what airline it was, except it was an American airline.

I'm reminded of a Henny Youngman joke:

I went to the airport. I had three pieces of luggage. I said, “I want this piece to go to Cleveland, this piece to go to Toronto, and this piece to Florida.” The airline agent said, “We can’t do that.” I replied, “Well, you did it last week.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter