Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Signs, Signs, Everywhere There's Signs

Saw a new (to me) bumper sticker the other day. It's the American flag and the words "These colors don't run...the world."

Whenever I see political bumper stickers festooned on someone's car, I always think of the line about how I don't even want to hear from you, what makes you think I want to hear from your car?

Meanwhile, I saw this outside my bank: "Please Ask Your Pet To Wait Outside Unless He Or She Is A Special Assistant/Guide Animal."

"He Or She"? Are we not allowed to call animals "it" any more? Seems to me they could have saved some paint.

And do you really have to ask? What if it says no?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What possesses people to put divisive slogans on the cars which will be read largely in the middle of road-rage inducing frustrating traffic jams? I just saw the old one on some MFing sunblotting SUV... " [blahblahblah] when they pry it from cold dead hands" and was thinking - hey lets see if thats true

5:14 AM, October 09, 2007  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

The classic example of the futility of this was the "jesus fish" which begat the "darwin fish" which begat the "jesus fish eating the darwin fish." Pretty much all a subtle way of saying "eff you" back and forth, which to me is less than neighborly.

1:40 PM, October 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw one today that read, "My other ride is your mother." Are we trying to create road rage?

12:47 PM, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter