Thursday, November 08, 2007

It Only Happens In The Movies

Certain things seem to only happen in the movies (and TV). Sometimes because they cheat to make the plot go more smoothly. Sometimes because drama, as Hitchcock once said, is life with the dull bits cut out.

One thing I've seen in countless medical dramas (and quite a few comedies, come to think of it) is someone out in public having a seizure. I thought the only place I'd ever see that is a movie.

Well, last week, I actually saw a woman on the floor in a public place having a fit. I couldn't tell if she was conscious, but she was shaking uncontrollably. A crowd had gather around. I don't know how long she'd been doing it, but an ambulance arrived about a minute after I came upon the scene.

And where did it happen? In the lobby of a movie theatre.

web page hit counter