Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Razor's Edge

Finally, a new episode of Battlestar Galactica. It was a special two-hour show filling us in on what happened aboard the Pegasus as well as showing the early Cylon experiments on humans.

I thought it was pretty good, even if it concentrated on Apollo, my least favorite character, and a number of non-regulars. As long as the show doesn't lose sight of the main plot, it can be great sci-fi drama. Too often last season, they'd have stand-alone episodes that didn't add anything to the overarching storyline, as if the producers were stretching things out. With this new, final season, the end in sight, I'd hope there's no need for that.

The one thing I could have done without was the ominous prediction about the future. Mystical portents in a realistic show (even sf) tend to strike me as silly. Perhaps I misunderstood what it was all about.

Anyway, four more months till the next episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter