Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Krazy, Man, Krazy

I was zipping through the channels when I thought I recognized something. The show--Diners, Drive-Ins And Dives. Guy, the host, was checking out burger joints. And sure enough, there he was at Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger, my favorite spot in Ann Arbor.

It's a shoebox-sized place at Packard and Division, a block from West Quad. You get in line and they grill up your burger (two patty minimum) in front of you. They also have great fries and free spring water.

For those of you who know the place, you might want to check out the show. It's on the Food Network and I'm sure this episode will be repeated sooner or later. It made me want to go back to Ann Arbor.

PS When I do go there, the two places I try to hit are Krazy Jim's and Zingerman's deli. Interestingly, I found a blog where someone from California traveled to Ann Arbor and stopped at these two very places. Nice photos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAGuy should weigh in here. We were excited to see Krazy JIm's on the food network. Zingerman's was also featured within the last few years. Each of AAkids gets to go to a restaurant with just mom and dad for his/her birthday. Krazy JIm's and Zings were two recent favorites. Recently at ZIngerman's DELI I had a beef brisket burger that rivals the top three burgers I have ever had. IT WAS FANTASTIC. they always use the best ingredients.
AAGUy

7:27 PM, January 30, 2008  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I've never tried the beef brisket at Zingerman's. Sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll give it a shot next time.

8:34 PM, January 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter