Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Didn't Quite Make It

#18 on VH1's top 100 songs of the 90s is Metallica's "Enter Sandman." As much as I like the song, it's one of those that seems to be approaching the chorus without ever quite getting there.



I can't think of too many other songs with that feeling. The only other I can name off the top of my head is "To Sir, With Love."



A great parody of the latter song can be found on Mr. Show--how's that for a Mr. Show-like transition? (The song starts at 5.25--though it turns into a disco number about a half minute in.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just listening to some Raymond Scott doing electronic commercials in the 50's and 60's. They should pull some of this music for the ads in Mad Men.

AAGuy

1:45 PM, July 30, 2008  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Not sure why you left this comment here, especially when you can add a separate post.

I'm a big fan of Scott, too. Perhaps I'll put up his most famous pieces, and one of the most recognizable compositions from the 20th century, "Powerhouse."

2:49 PM, July 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Video killed the blog. Can we get a not-to-exceed amount on daily pics and videos, you're slowing down my server, man

2:54 PM, July 30, 2008  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I started adding more videos because I thought the technology was improving. I may be adding more, but I'll try to avoid more than one at a time.

2:56 PM, July 30, 2008  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

"Enter Sandman" has been indelibly associated -- for NY baseball fans -- with the entry of either team's closer. Twenty years from now, kids who never heard of Metallica will say , when it comes on the Oldies station, "isn't that some kind of sports anthem?"

5:44 AM, July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter