Monday, December 29, 2008

The Greatest

The local oldies station, K-Earth, just played the top 5oo songs of all time. Mostly predictable, as well as a sign of what "oldies" means.

Here are 25 through 11: "American Pie," "Let It Be," "You Can't Hurry Love," "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?," "Louie Louie," "Under The Boardwalk," "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," "Respect," "Play That Funky Music," "When A Man Loves A Woman," "Dreams," "Brown Eyed Girl," "Unchained Melody," "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life"and "Hey Jude."

Most of these songs I like, and a few of them (such as "Louie Louie" and "Hey Jude") deserve to be in the top 100. As much as I've enjoyed "Brown Eyed Girl," however, man is it overplayed.

Top Ten:

10. "Your Song"

Vastly overrated.

9. "California Girls"

Is this a local favorite? Because the Beach Boys have better songs than this.

8. "What's Going On"

Good song, but I'm not sure about its place. And I believe they've already done "Heard It Through The Grapevine."

7 "Light My Fire"

Fine if overplayed. It is the Doors best known, and maybe the band is an LA favorite.

6. "Imagine"

I've already dealt with my problems regarding this song.

5. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"

There are other Stones songs I like better, but I can't argue with this.

4. "What A Wonderful World"

What is this doing here? While it's always nice to listen to Louis, if this song hadn't been revived by Good Morning, Vietnam, it wouldn't be remembered at all.

3. "Black Magic Woman"

A decent song that shouldn't be anywhere near this high.

2. "My Girl"

Sure, why not?

1. "Pretty Woman"

Never seen it this high before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter