Monday, February 02, 2009

Farewell

On occasion, I pick up the LA Times. Then, last week, I bought one and it turned out they've raised the price from 50 to 75 cents. That's it. I'm done. (Buying it, that is. I'll still read it, though perhaps not as thoroughly.)

So I figured I'd do a quick post about some of the stuff that's I saw in the last hard copy I'll ever buy. Let's see.

Oh look, here's a picture of Cass Sunstein, whom Obama has nominated as our regulatory czar. That's disturbed a lot of people...on the left. There's no doubt Sunstein is a man of the left who strongly believes in a regulatory state. However, he also believes in cost-benefit analysis, which they find unacceptable.

I see Blagojevich says his trial is "rigged." I agree. In fact, I would have put "trial" in quotation marks as well. He'd always been a rotten, corrupt governor (who felt he was noble because he was willing to redistribute so much of other peoples' money), but as soon as he became a public embarrassment, the state legislature had to get rid of him. They went through the motions, but the verdict was preordained.

And here's an editorial by Robert Reich, who's recently been arguing the it's unfair that the more qualified get preference in hiring. Now he's arguing that the only way labor unions can be freely chosen by workers is if we pass laws that effectively prevent secret ballots. I guess that's consistent.

There's more, but 75 cents worth? I don't know.

PS Someone sent me this somewhat related video from 1981:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter