Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Promises

After posting about "Turkey Lurkey Time" from Promises, Promises, I thought I'd put up the show's best-remembered song, "I'll Never Fall In Love Again." There were plenty of versions out there, such as Dionne Warwick's hit recording from 1970, and Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach doing it in Austin Powers 2.

But I was pleased to find a recent concert version reuniting Jill O'Hara from the original Broadway cast and lead Jerry Orbach's replacement, Tony Roberts. It's 40 years later, and not too much worse for the wear.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is Tony Roberts the new Bob Goulet?

code word: fariness

Not sure if that's a comment on equity, my sexuality or the Obama administration.

7:14 PM, May 18, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony Roberts appearances in Woody Allen films prevent him from having the uncool Goulet stigma.

7:46 PM, May 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter