Monday, June 29, 2009

The Customer Is Always Wrong

I recently saw a documentary on Shopsins General Store, which is actually a restaurant in Greenwich Village. The menu has over 900 items, but the place seems to have even more rules. No parties of 5. No cell phones. Everyone must eat a meal. And sometimes the chef, Kenny Shopsin, just doesn't like your looks and throws you out. Yet the place is always packed. The food must be pretty good.

Some people like this sort of Soup Nazi experience. It makes eating an adventure. I don't need it. I'm paying for their services. I don't expect gratitude, but that doesn't mean I'll put up with abuse.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can eat it there, I'll eat it anywhere.

10:20 AM, June 29, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you liked Crazy Jim's Blimpy Burgers.

AAGuy

7:29 PM, June 29, 2009  
Blogger LAGuy said...

It's funny you should bring that up. I like Blimpy Burgers, but they've been getting a bit too strict lately. They better watch it.

8:21 PM, June 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter