Sunday, August 23, 2009

Get To Know Don Draper

Before I forget, loved last week's Mad Men. Looks like season 3 will maintain the high standard.

I'm a bit surprised it's taking place in mid-1963, since I thought the original idea was each season jumps ahead two years. I guess Matthew Weiner has more to say. Does this mean the show will go on indefinitely? Also, this solves the problems of how to deal with Don Draper's kids.

The other question now is will Weiner go over well-trod ground, and use Kennedy's death? Cynthia Littleton in Variety puts it thus:

We at home, of course, know that trauma that is lurking around the corner (Dallas, the grassy knoll, a convertible limo -- you get the picture).

I guess it shows how successful the conspiracy mongers have been that the grassy knoll, which essentially has nothing to do with the actual event, is used to conjure up the assassination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter