Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Pulling A Rabbit Out Of A Hat

Hollywood is surprised to hear Steven Spielberg's next film will be a remake of Harvey. He's been attached to a lot of projects, but no one saw this coming.

I don't get it. I have nothing against Harvey (though how it beat The Glass Menagerie for a Pulitzer I still can't figure), but the story, though charming, seems a bit dated, and also has already been done quite memorably. It's not like we need CGI to do Harvey right.

Spielberg has his whimsical, sentimental side, and he obviously sees something in this project, but I'll guess we'll have to wait until it's released to see if he's added anything.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

Maybe Spielberg will let us see Harvey and he'll look like the rabbit from Donnie Darko.

10:11 AM, August 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought we did see Harvey in Harvey.

11:32 AM, August 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see some of today's young directors remake some of Speilberg's classics. Judd Apatow might make a fun remake of Close Encounters

1:17 PM, August 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter