Monday, August 17, 2009

What A Difference An Hour Makes

I'm sad to say that Conan O'Brien at 11:35 has been consistently less entertaining that Conan O'Brien at 12:35. I wouldn't say he's dumbed down his show, exactly, but I think he allowed himself to be quirkier late at night. When Letterman made a similar move in the 90s, he may have made his show a bit bigger, and perhaps he got a bit friendlier, but, at first anyway, his material was so strong it didn't matter. In fact, he seems revitalized by his new network and slot. I think Conan was ready for the big leagues, but just hasn't found his footing yet. 

PS I was glad to see Andy Richter back (though Andy might not be thrilled with the arc of his career), but so far, he's hardly doing anything except break up at Conan's gags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter