Monday, February 22, 2010

Major League Screwup

There's promotional material for the new comedy She's Out Of My League (which I can't find on the internet) that has a number above the face of each character. I've seen it on walls, I've seen it on billboards.

See, the movie is about a 5 who dates a 10. And that's what it has on the billboard. So far, so good. But beyond the two leads, the rest of the numbers don't make any sense.

For instance, actor Nate Torrence, who's a funny-looking guy (by Hollywood standards) is an 8. Meanwhile, Krysten Ritter, former model who's a babe and a half, is a 7.

This isn't rocket science. Or Rocket Science. The whole point of the movie is judging people by looks--why would they get this wrong?

PS It was filmed in Pittsburgh, a city I believe New England Guy knows well.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krysten Ritter here. THANK YOU!! My own movie gave me a 7!! wtf.

3:15 AM, February 22, 2010  
Blogger New England Guy said...

I just watched the trailer and didn't recognize anything except the Point.

Only Nate Torrence looks like he could actually be from Pittsburgh.

If girls who looked like Krysten Ritter lived in Pgh I'd still be Pittsburgh Guy

8:19 AM, February 22, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still judging women by their looks? You may be living in New England, but obviously the move didn't make you any more enlightened.

11:32 AM, February 22, 2010  
Blogger New England Guy said...

I agree Krysten. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

1:01 PM, February 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter