Monday, March 01, 2010

A Couple Of Questions

Cop Out was originally called A Couple Of Dicks. Now that's a title. The new title, it's been noted, doesn't describe the movie, it describes the title.

The critics agreed the film is awful, and now the public has had its chance to find out. I have two questions:

What was in the original script that attracted anyone in the first place? There must have been something, but if it in any way resembled the finished product, darned if I can figure it out.

Why hire Kevin Smith to direct a script he didn't write? In the past he's always directed his own scripts, because, I guess, that was part of the deal. But just have him direct? I'd pay him not to direct.

PS I see Neil LaBute is directing the American version of Death At A Funeral. It still seems to me Neil LaBute should only direct films because you had to let him to get his script.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter