Tuesday, November 16, 2010

D'Oh.

Old news but news to me. According to feature on men growing mustaches for "Movember," Donald Sutherland's moustachioed character in "The Day of the Locust" was named Homer Simpson. I never saw saw the film (but remember being very intrigued by its ad campaign as a young teen) and I read Nathaniel West's novel a few years back but entirely missed this name.

I always knew Homer was named after Matt Groening's dad and I guess He has mentioned the connection according the Wiki article, but I don't recall this being discussed- is this well-known?

3 Comments:

Blogger LAGuy said...

Well-known? I'd just say it's known.

11:12 AM, November 16, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, fond memories....Life in Hell--grad school would not have been the same without it.

12:30 PM, November 18, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathanael.

9:22 AM, August 16, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter