Sunday, February 17, 2013

Streets Behind

I'm sorry to say the first two episodes of Community this season have not been up to snuff  They're not horrific, exactly, but they don't seem to have the magic of Community at its best, or even its middleground.

I wondered if I was just convincing myself of that, since I know that creator Dan Harmon and other producers have left.  Am I setting up some sort of block in my brain that prevents me from appreciating it as much as I should?

I doubt it.  I just discovered three mini-episodes of Community on YouTube.  They're from the first season and are all set during 90 second study breaks.  I found the comedy, as short as it was, to be superior to what we've been seeing lately.

I still watch the show, and have hopes it will improve as it goes along. I even hope, against everything I know, Community will be renewed.  But one thing I can't do is fool myself into liking something more than I do.






2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The webisodes are way crisper and quicker. This season is OK but seem like tributes to show done by someone else together with ideas from a suit in marketing (jeff calling his father)

9:40 AM, February 17, 2013  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Yes, they seem to be pushing certain emotional tropes that don't especially work. That also includes getting Troy and Britta together even though it adds nothing, even gets in the way.

12:43 PM, February 17, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter