Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's developmental

So for the past year or two my favorite song has been "Death or Glory," which I'm still pretty keen on, to ColumbusGal's consternation.

But for some reason yesterday I came across the Divinyls and now I've glommed onto them. Well, okay, just this one song. It seems suggestive. And now I see the poor woman has died, too young. (Scrutability Department: "You know who else touched himself? Hitler!")

I think my favorite part, though, is that there is at least one youtube video, I think more, that insists it's Blondie. I can understand the sentiment. I would like to hear that cover myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you telling me the Divinyls did more than one song?

I guess the second was "I Cover Myself."

4:27 PM, January 11, 2014  
Blogger LAGuy said...

You just found out about Chrissy? Don't you read your own blog?

http://pajamaguy.blogspot.com/2013/04/divine.html

5:11 PM, January 11, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

At one point Salvador Dali published a newspaper, only one edition, and of course every article was about him. He also observed that he had developed the ability to read a newspaper story and see nothing except his own name.

Not being Dali, yes, I think I did see that post. It just missed the one of the multiple intelligences that I happen to possess. (There's a dangling modifier for you.)

3:26 AM, January 12, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter