Friday, October 10, 2014

Getting to know you

So I came across an usually aggressive and jerky driver yesterday, truly three standard deviations above the mean. I mean, I think I passed her four times in 20 miles.

Borrowing from LAGuy, her license plate was "I know 01".

Not sure if she's into epistemology or epidemiology.

Anyway, I watched the "Unknown Known" when I got home to relax.

(The box cover defines it as something you think you know but find out later you did not. While I don't doubt Rumsfeld defined it that way once (and of course that's the validation liberals are after--there! you see!), he contradicts himself when he does a better job of defining it on the spot: Something you know, but you don't know you know it. All very interesting, how we have to fill in the grid.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE "Unknown Known"--guess that's better than watching AN "Unknown Known"

You sound like you're around the age of retirement. Do you also watch The Star Wars or The Avatar?

7:01 PM, October 10, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Isn't it my punctuation you should be complaining about? It's part of the title.

3:45 AM, October 11, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter