Saturday, March 21, 2015

Deride And Conquer or Gooooaaaaalllllll!

I was recently in North Hollywood--or as locals call it, Noho--when I walked past their 24 Hour Fitness gym. Looking in, I saw a huge sign on the wall reading "Conquer Your Goals."

Conquer them? Wouldn't it be better to reach them, or achieve them? What good would conquering them do? Conquer your fears, your foes, but not your goals.

So I checked around and apparently this isn't the only place that suggests you conquer your dreams. One place even suggests you conquer the obstacles between you and your goals.  Wouldn't it be better to get around them, or past them? Anyway, once you conquer your obstacles what do you do when you reach your goals, conquer them too? Put them in the same detainee camp holding your obstacles?

Maybe people are too tired to notice, but I can't imagine gym-goers are that inspired by the writing on the wall.

web page hit counter