Monday, September 19, 2016

Non-Michigan Guy Visits Michigan

I travelled to Grand Rapids last week for a conference.   Sorry that I missed the Gerald Ford Presidential Library (saw it on the way to the airport and hadn't realized it was so close) and got to see a lot of the artprize  international art competition all around town which was fairly cool. Also quite enjoyed the quirky Public Museum and the GRAM. I would have liked to enjoy the veritable plethora of beer and bar food establishments ("Beer City" T shirts were on sale everywhere) but I just dropped some weight this summer and didn't want to go backwards.   The drunks on the 26 minute flight to Detroit were a bit of downer (that and the bored TSA stiffs who made me check my bag because of a jar of Michigan blueberry jam) but otherwise it was a fun trip.

This is the only picture I took.

1 Comments:

Blogger LAGuy said...

I've been to Grand Rapids many times and I think you captured its essence.

11:35 AM, September 19, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter