Wednesday, March 08, 2017

It's Over

Yesterday was election day here in Los Angeles.  I have no idea what happened, but I do know this--it's over.

I'd been getting political garbage in my mail for weeks, and near the end it was about ten mailers a day.  I'd toss them immediately, but it was still annoying.

Worse, much worse, were the phone calls. In the past week or so, I got about twenty--from teachers, from police, from people I don't even know--telling me how to vote.  Under the best circumstances, this is aggravating, but when it wakes you up from a nap, something must be done.

But there's nothing to do, except wait till Tuesday is over and the pain passes.

Oh yeah, we'll be getting some new officials and some new laws, but that's just the way is goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter