Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Wonder Woman, Hear Them Roar

Patty Jenkins, director of the blockbuster Wonder Woman, just tweeted about a note her producer sent her on how kindergarteners are reacting to the movie.

They start out pretty cute:

--On Monday, a boy who was obsessed with Iron Man, told me he had asked his parents for a new Wonder Woman lunchbox

--A little girl said 'When I grow up I want to speak hundreds of languages like Diana'

--This girl had her parents revamp her Beauty and the Beast birthday party in THREE DAYS because she simply had to have a Wonder Woman party.

Eventually, however, we get to this item:

--A boy threw his candy wrapping in the floor and a 5-year-old girl screamed 'DON'T POLLUTE YOU IDIOT, THAT IS WHY THERE ARE NO MEN IN TEMYSCIRA'

I wouldn't have put that one on the list.  Did someone think it's charming?  Isn't it kind of ugly and depressing?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know. Little boys are disgusting.

2:16 PM, June 13, 2017  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Speaking of superheroes, shouldn't you be telling the story of seeing Adam West at, where was it, McCormick Place? I just read about his sex life, which included the tidbit that he "amassed a $25 million fortune." Holy Penny Accumulation, Batman.

2:45 PM, June 13, 2017  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Feel free to post whatever you want, ColumbusGuy.

5:54 PM, June 13, 2017  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Alas, I wasn't there. What kind of Guy do you think I am? A purveyor of fake news?

3:48 AM, June 14, 2017  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Here is the haziest of memories- I saw Adam West at a car show at the McCormick Exchange in 1985, Morganna the kissing bandit was also there (or was it Chesty Morgan?). I don't think LA Guy was there. Anyway another classmate brought his Torts Textbook because it contained a case illustrating some legal principle featured a defendant who thought he was Batman (or that Batman would save him if he drove his car into other people?).

Anyway, after waiting in line for an autograph, our classmate got up to Adam (decked out in full Caped Crusader regalia)and explained the case at what appeared to me to be at somewhat greater length than was strictly necessary. Adam shrugged uttered a vintage Batman-esque "Bad Stuff!", scrawled "Batman " on the identified page and moved the future corporate counsellor on.

Morganna also signed the Torts book "Breast Wishes, Your Bosom Buddy, Morganna" and as I recall, took a sharpie and drew a quick picture of breasts adorned with stars where the nipples would be.

5:45 AM, June 14, 2017  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

That's the story I was looking for. I heard you tell it in LAGuy's presence, so perhaps I conflated that with his attendance along with you. As it is, my memory is that the two of you went to that event, but I'm standing on shaky ground (though I do remember him making comments about Adam West's interests in breasts, though he could have done that without having witnessed it himself).

Not that you should name him, but do you remember the classmate who attended with you?

2:44 PM, June 14, 2017  
Blogger New England Guy said...

It was our third room-mate

4:03 AM, June 15, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter