Friday, October 26, 2018

Fourteen In The Side Pocket

Here's a name that hasn't been in the news for a while--Sinead O'Connor.  And now that's not her name.

In an unexpected move (I suppose), O'Connor has converted to Islam.  I'm not sure why, but here's part of her tweet under her new name Shuhada' Davitt:

This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim.  This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian's journey.  All scripture study leads to Islam.  Which makes all other scripture redundant.

This isn't so much a theological argument as a proclamation.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but one does expect if a person converts, she believes she's moving to a more truthful (and perhaps most truthful) religion.

So good luck, Shuhada'.  I hope you find peace and fulfillment.

4 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

nothing compares . . .

10:17 AM, October 26, 2018  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do wacka do.

5:11 PM, October 26, 2018  
Anonymous Lawrence King said...

At least her statement had relatively narrow focus. If she had said that Islam was the natural conclusion of any intelligent person's journey, she would be saying "If you're not a Muslim, you're stupid."

But she merely claimed that Islam "is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian's journey" -- in other words, "if you're a theologian and not a Muslim, you're stupid."

So while her comments are personally devastating to me, I am glad that most of my friends don't have to share in her ire.

5:31 PM, October 26, 2018  
Anonymous Eobard Thawne said...

Until she records Islamic music more catchy than "A is for Allah", Cat Stevens will remain my favorite Muslim pop singer.

5:33 PM, October 26, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter