Friday, May 10, 2019

Dedicated To The One I Love

I was looking through Peter Bart's Infamous Players.  It's a memoir about his days as an executive at Paramount. (He's always writing about his days at Paramount.)

But before I got into the text, I was stopped short by the Acknowledgements page, which starts thus:

This book would not have happened without the prodding and encouragement of Harvey Weinstein....

The book was published in 2011, well before Weinstein became a non-person, so a nod to Harvey isn't that surprising. But I wonder how Bart feels about it today.

In fact, if the book ever goes through another printing, I wonder if some sharp-eyed editor won't remove the reviled name and mention of his prodding so as not to offend the sensitivities of readers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? "Infamous" is perfect for Weinstein. Next printing will give him more prominence.

4:55 AM, May 11, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter