Friday, November 08, 2019

Poppin'

I generally avoid fried chicken--not because I don't like it, but because I like it too much*. But after reading about the phenomenal popularity of Popeyes fried chicken sandwich, I'm tempted to give it a shot.

Now that it's back, I hear there are long lines. People are even getting into fights over it.  Is the sandwich that good?

Popeyes created the sandwich allegedly so it could compete with Chick-fil-A.  It went on sale in August and was an instant hit.  It went away--supposedly because it sold so well they ran out of the makings, though that sounds weird--and now it's back.

I have had the Chick-fil-A sandwich.  Some years ago they opened a franchise in the heart of Hollywood and I've been there a few times.  It's a pretty good sandwich, but I don't know if I'd fight over it.  Is Popeyes' appreciably different?

*I was recently in Chicago and couldn't help myself--I went and got a meal at Harold's Chicken Shack.  Quarter white.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot sauce, I presume. Good man, good man.

SWMBCg, etc.

4:30 AM, January 12, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter