Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Liz Sez

There's a story in The Hollywood Reporter about Elizabeth Debicki taking the role of Princess Diana in the final seasons of The Crown.  Sounds like a good choice, but I don't watch the show so I don't care.

What caught my eye was the first paragraph:

The actress, who stars in Christopher Nolan's upcoming 'Tenet,' described the upcoming role for season five and six as a "true privelege and honour."

So that's how she described it?  She spelled it wrong when she said it?  Did she pronounce it oddly so the Reporter did its best to get that across?

I can see how she said "honour" with a "u" because The Crown is British and Debicki is Australian.  But "privelege"?  I've noted bad editing before, but this is shocking.  Or should I say shawking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter