Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Best

Last night I was flipping around and there was Pulp Fiction, about 90 minutes in. PF is one of those classics that, even though I own the video and the DVD, I always stop to watch and suddenly realize it's an hour later.

I still remember a friend coming back from Cannes in 1994 telling me how much fun it was. I saw it the night after it opened in Westwood (that's around UCLA for you out-of-towners) and later attended a party where I told everyone how much I liked it. The surprising thing was half the people there had already seen it.

This is not going to be an appreciation of the film. Long before I typed anything on this blog, I wrote thousands of words about PF and I don't know if I want to do it again. Suffice it to say PF is the only film made in the last 15 years that makes my top ten of all time list.

Quentin Tarantino has lately been staking out new territory with his Kill Bill films. In a few weeks I'll be discussing that, and many other items, in my annual "film year in review" essay. The only difference is this time I'll be blogging it. I hope to get feedback, so let others know.

In fact, if anyone wants to nominate their favorite films of the year, now would be a good time to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter