Sunday, January 02, 2005

SNL (Same News Line)

Please see our predictions below. If you have any yourself, feel free to add them in the comment section.

When pop culture writers run out of ideas, they do a piece on how Saturday Night Live isn't what it once was. Hence, today's rather lengthy piece in The New York Times with new quotes and old ideas. At least it's not entitled "Saturdady Night Dead."

By the way, the cheerleaders were Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri, not Ferrell and Molly Shannon.

Pajama Guy responds: Was Saturday Night Live ever the SNL "it once was"? Other than Weekend Update, the show always seemed to me 90-minutes of drunk or stoned actors performing one-joke skits that went on way too long. The type of show a drunk or stoned audience might especially like, to be sure. But I guess over the past 30 years whenever I was out partying on Saturday night, I seldom stopped to turn on the TV. I have, however, watched enough re-runs on cable to confirm my recollection that SNL was never that funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter