Sunday, May 29, 2005

Allons enfant de la patrie...

...le jour de gloire est arrivé!

Later today we should know how the E.U. constitution referendum did in France, but all early signals indicate the answer is non. Maybe I should wait to find out, but I figured I'd gloat now and beat the rush.

Actually, I have no strong feelings about the European Union. While I have certain problems with it, I figure it's mostly their business and I question how much effect it'll have either way. Furthermore, while there are good reasons to vote against it, other reasons are not so savory.

Nevertheless, I have to admit it feels kind of good to see the people of France give the finger to Jacques Chirac, as well as to Gerhard Schröder and José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero. Congratulations, folks, you've shown the politicians they don't own you--you can think for yourselves. Now if you'd only reconsider the war on terror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter