Friday, May 06, 2005

I'm So Glad

Good news in England--not the election (though that was okay), but Cream has reformed for a few concerts. While not quite as exciting to me as the Velvet Underground reunion, it's still better than the Monkees' return (without Mike Nesmith).

Most reviews say, after 37 (!) years, they've still got it.

I wasn't a huge fan of Cream--certainly they're not the Stones, or even The Kinks, and they're as much to blame as anyone for the endless jamming that afflicted rock in the late 60s/early 70s. Still, considering they were together less than three year, they recorded some great blues and, even more important, some great originals, such as "White Room," "Strange Brew" and "Badge." "Sunshine Of Your Love" also has a spot in my heart, since it has the first riff I ever learned on guitar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skip James said...

of course during the sixties there were so many good groups you could afford to be picky like that. I'm so glad that they covered my song, otherwise I would have died a sick poor lonely man. (oh, I did.)

6:44 PM, May 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter