Sunday, October 16, 2005

How Sweet It Is

Pardon me for not writing at length about yesterday's great game. Not USC and Notre Dame--let the rest of the country marvel at that. The Michigan versus Penn State climax was all I could take for one day. It's not that AnnArborGuy (and a bunch of other Ann Arbor guys) have written and spoken so much already. It's just that I'm still busy savoring it to try to analyze it.

One note, though. I was watching with a bunch of Wolverines, and though we supported Lloyd fighting to get a few second back on the clock at the end, we were mostly mocking him. But that little moment (after Michigan blew a bunch of other seemingly crucial moments) turned out to be the difference when the last play began with one second left on the clock.

I know there was a lot of revelry in the Big House, but it probably didn't beat the joy we had watching it in LA at my friend's house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yost said...

Hey, LAGuy, glad to see my "spirit" helped yesterday (even though this ghost thought we would lose). But in the future, when you link to a site about the highlights of the Big Game, how 'bout the Detroit News or one of the local papers in Michigan instead of...what was it?...The Mercury News which took me to a sign up page! You've been in LA too long, my friend.

11:57 AM, October 16, 2005  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I'm glad to see the spirit of Fielding Yost has returned, though I'm a bit surprised that he's concerned about such mundane things as what paper I link to. I figured he spends his time whispering to Lloyd or rehashing that game with Red Grange.

My theory of linkage is I like to keep readers on their toes. I'll often link to obvious sources (say the IMDB when discussing a movie) but it's a big, bad WWW out there, so sometimes I like to go further afield. (I am surprised you had to sign up--I thought you'd go straight to the sports page.)

1:43 PM, October 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter