Saturday, December 24, 2005

2005 - - What happened

The year had a lot of action. 2005 arrived in the wake of the big tsunami and had enough acts of God to make some people think that it was 1999. We lost some great ones: JP2, and another Johnny. Rosa Parks went out peacefully and Terri Schiavo in the middle of a family feud. In odd years the political usually takes a less prominent spot in our consciousness. That is good because, politics seem to get uglier every year. I am curious to see what it will be that we remember about 2005. Nothing stands out for me in the big world. In my narrow view it was the year my oldest went to school. And I do mean school, as a kid who was homeschooled from the start, college has been his first official school experience. What a transition for parents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter