Sunday, June 18, 2006

Unfair

This post is unfair because it's about something I thought I heard. I could be completely wrong.

Anyway, I heard California senator Barbara Boxer on the radio addressing a conference of left-wing bloggers. Someone asked why didn't she fight to have Bush impeached. (This is considered a serious question over at the Daily Kos, I guess.)

I swear I heard her say there's nothing she could do since the Democrats don't have the House. Now if she did say this, I must ask, isn't impeachment left to the Senate?

Columbus Guy says: Well, actually, I never would have thought it possiblle, but Boxer has you on this one. Impeachment is as indictment. Clinton was, indeed, impeached; it was only that the clowns in the Senate did not convict.

LAGuy Notes: Yes, I remembered that. I even remember the powerful Ways And Means committee in a close vote to impeach Nixon for lying to the public. But where's your training, CGuy--you should cite chapter and verse in the Constitution.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a side issue, let me add a note of wholesale support for "unfair posts". Almost all posts (here and elsewhere)are unfair. Feel free- thats the whole point of blogs isn't it? Its the whole "objective journalism" hang-up that got the major outlets in trouble?

6:33 AM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Even using blog standards I would hope we could quote others correctly before we start our "unfair" analysis.

10:46 AM, June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter